About the College

Marwari College, Bhagalpur, was established by Rai Bahadur Bansidhar Dhandhania in September 1941. The College had only commerce faculty in the beginning. The college, which started with only three students in 1941, has today more than six thousand students. The arts faculty was started in 1955 and the science faculty in 1965. The college is situated in a semi-urban area. It aims at providing higher education not only to the rural and urban students of Bihar but also Jharkhand, West Bengal, Nepal and Bangladesh. The vision of the college is to impart quality education to suit the challenges of time. The mission of the college is to transform the vision into reality through creation of facilities to achieve excellence in the curricular and extracurricular activities.

The college offers 23 undergraduate programmes – one in Commerce, ten in Humanities (History, Political Science, Psychology, Economics and IRPM, Hindi, English, Urdu, Maithili and Bengali), six in Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology and Statistics), two in vocational (BCA and Biotechnology) and two self-financing courses ( B.Sc.-IT and BBA). The college is a constituent unit of the TMB University, Bhagalpur. It is in the category of Government funded college. The college received UGC recognition under 2f in 1960 and under 12b in 1973. As on today it has 6224 UG students on roll of which 1200 girls.  There are 54 permanent teachers, 62 non-teaching staff  to conduct the academic programmes.